If you are looking for treatment for an uncomfortable vein disorder, vein screening is the first step. This is when the doctors will evaluate your condition and identify its cause. The test results will also help you and your specialist invent a treatment plan that can quickly restore your skin and veins and leave you feeling well again.
Before you begin the screening and treatment process, it’s important to know what to expect. Newark Vein and Vascular Center, LLC , offers an overview of vein screenings, how they work, and how you can prepare for your first step toward healthier veins and more comfortable legs.
Preparing For Your Vein Screening
Unlike some other tests and procedures, vein screening doesn’t require any special preparation. You can come as you are. Many doctors, however, recommend avoiding tight pants, nylons, or stockings. The screening device needs direct contact with your skin, so you may have to remove tight legwear or push it out of the way.
How Vein Screening Works
Once your appointment begins, you’ll find that vein screening is a quick and painless procedure. It’s non-invasive, meaning it doesn’t involve any cuts or incisions. All it requires is a bit of warm gel and some high-tech sound waves. Here’s how the procedure works:
- You will be asked to sit on an examining table or bench.
- The vein screening technician applies a warm gel to your skin. The gel is harmless and designed to transmit ultrasound waves more effectively.
- A transducer is placed and moved over the area of your body to be screened. You might experience mild pressure from the transducer but no pain.
- The transducer will emit high-frequency sound waves that will bounce off the muscle and tissue in your body. You may hear unusual sounds caused by the sound waves.
- As the sound waves bounce, they are reflected back to the transducer, which records them as an image on a monitor.
The whole exam takes only about 30 minutes to complete, and you can go home or return to your daily activities immediately afterward. Your doctors will then evaluate the results and inform you of them as soon as possible.
Choose Screening Specialists You Can Trust
If your vein screening reveals the presence of a disease, the next step is to talk with our specialists and devise a treatment plan. Newark Vein and Vascular Center, LLC, is the only location in the north Newark, New Jersey, area that offers vein screening and treatment for varicose and spider veins. What’s more, our in-house vascular surgeon, Dr. Gordon Lutchman, has over 30 years of experience serving our area with patient-centered, attentive care. We understand these conditions are uncomfortable. If you require a procedure, you will be provided with compression stockings to wear beforehand.
Plus, if you choose Newark Vein and Vascular Center, LLC, for your vein screening and treatment, our dedicated staff is readily available to answer your questions, and there’s always an expert on call who you can speak to. For more information, contact us today.